Class Association membership is available to Lightning 368 owners and those interested in the Class that do not own, or sail a boat, in the form of Full or Associate Membership.
It is an easy process, simply complete the form and send off to the Class Treasurer with a Cheque for the required amount.
Full & Associate Membership is available for a small subscription per year, there is no initial joining fee. Renewal is due on the 1st January each year and is valid until 31st December.
To apply for either category of membership please download, print and complete the Membership Form
Get Membership Form Here:
2021 membership application-renewal letter
The Membership Form should be sent to the Class Association Treasurer, enclosing a cheque for the correct amount, made payable to the Lightning 368 Class Association.
Full Membership of the Class Association (CA) entitles the member to:-
* Participate in all CA events, sailing and social
* Participation in Class training days
* Attendance and voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
* Attendance and voting rights at any Extraordinary General Meeting of the CA
* Election to any committee, or office of the Association as may exist
Associate Membership entitles the member to:
* Participate in all CA social events, but not sailing events
* Attendance at, but no voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
* Attendance at, but no voting rights at any Extraordinary General Meeting of the CA
The Membership Form can be used for renewals each year and follows a similar process. Please download, print and complete the Membership Form then forward to the address above with a cheque made payable to the Lightning 368 Class Association for Full Membership, or Associate Membership. Or you can make a direct Bank to Bank payment and just drop Treasurer a little email to confirm the transfer.
Renewals should arrive with the Treasurer before the 1st January.
Automatic Renewal by Direct Debit : With our Lloyds Online Bank Account we can no longer accept automatic payments by standing order, but do have a Direct Debit subscription facility provided through GoCardless, that allows you to set up an automatic collection of your Annual Subscription every year.
If you have any queries about the membership or the renewal process, please contact the Treasurer, details can be found on the Contacts Page.